COAST ARTISTS SQUANDERED FOR HAVING NO ORIGINALITY, THIS LADY PROVES THEM WRONG. - Soul Brothers Entertainment

Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

An original artist is unable to copy, so he has only to copy in order to be original. Rhetorical huh? Well, it's a trend so common in Kenya but we're zooming in on the music industry. You love that West African Afro beat, yeah?  What about the South African feel? I bet you do. Coming close to home, we have the Bongo flava, who would blame our own artists for wanting to idolize these foreign culture? A debate I'm not willing  to liberate on right now... (He he! I bet you wanted an answer to that, yeah?) 
Always be a first rate version of yourself, instead of a second rate version of somebody else.
ALSO READ>>> MEET THE MSANII THAT TRAMPS ON KARAOKE GIGS IN MOMBASA
There's a lady from Malindi who's about to give a first impression on originality claims that will give coast artists a face lift. Probably there are other artists who are stuck on originality and we've not heard of them because they're down under. Lucy Mae of Malindi Records caught my attention from the first time she launched MAPENZI featuring HUMBLE B. 
RELATED STORY>>>MALINDI IS AT IT AGAIN
Video from Undepicted pictures, presumably a franchise of Malindi Records since they channel all their visuals through them, audio done by Sango. I'll tell you what, Malindi Records has a way of putting a spotlight to it's artists. If any artist hails from Malindi Town, probably he's in Malindi Records or was in Malindi Records. 

A keen eye would spot the beautiful scenery of Malindi,  the natural look of a Kenyan lady, the african heritage on clothing, the street, I mean it's all there. The script, the lyrics, the beat, why wouldn't you associate it to Malindi? Why? 


I'm really tempted to say that she's heading the Nyota Ndogo way. For a second you can almost mistake her for Nyota Ndogo. I will let you be the judge, check out her new video and tell me if I'm wrong. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Ads

Bottom Ad [Post Page]